Tuesday, September 06, 2005

RSS Feeds for Journals

http://library.usask.ca/ejournals/rss_feeds.php

I don't have a complete list of journals we subscribe to which offer table of contents/alerting service RSS feeds. However, libraries are beginning to put together these lists. The link above is to the University of Saskatchewan's list. If you want to know about specific titles, either check the publisher's website or send me an email and I will check for you.

The benefit of this type of service is that the journal's table of contents is delivered to you. If we subscribe to the online version of the journal, the table of contents links will take you to the full text of the articles. With some journals you are also able to set up keyword alerts, so that citations for any new articles that match your keywords will be emailed to you. I admit I'm very fond of this type of service myself.